The density of water vapors present in air is known as humidity. This density usually varies according to the weather, area where you reside and the prevailing season. Normally, humidity levels are higher in summers and lower in winters. Both the extremes of humidity levels are dangerous for healthy living of human beings.
Why to opt for humidifiers?
Throat irritation, itchy eyes, irritation in nasal passages and dry skin are the most common health hazards that are often associated with low humidity levels. Hence, humidifiers are an easy solution to tackle such health risks. Ideal humidity levels in a home must be from 30 to 50 percent.
Humidifiers is a home appliance that emanates steam or water vapor so as to raise moisture level in the house and enhance its air quality to make it safer to breathe for the family members.
Allergy or asthma patients – Be cautious!
If anyone in the house has allergies or asthma, it is recommended to consult a doctor before you install a humidifier in your home. This is because humidifier may make breathing easy for these patients especially when they are suffering from cold or any other respiratory infection. But high humidity may provide better breeding grounds for allergens or dirty mist that can worsen the allergy and asthma symptoms of the patient even more.
Keep them clean to ensure healthy and comfortable environment
Dirty filters and reservoirs can lead to the proliferation of mold and bacteria in your house. This can specifically create problems for people who are suffering from allergies and asthma. However, in healthy individuals, it can cause symptoms similar to flu or lung infection as the contaminated mist or steam is let lose in the air. Cool-mist vaporizers release more airborne allergens as compared to steam evaporators or vaporizers.
Factors to consider while purchasing humidifiers
Essential factors that need to be considered while you look for a humidifier for your home are:
1. Size of the area – Multiply the ceiling height and square feet area of the space that needs to be humidified. This volume of the available space will help you to judge if the capacity of the humidifier suits your requirements. Insulation of the home is also an important consideration. To humidify two rooms, tabletop model is sufficient. Fr a large apartment of house, a console model is the best deal.
2. Design of the humidifier – Usually, humidifiers needs to be filled everyday and the cleaning is required to be done at least once a week. So, you must purchase models that have few fissures and are easy to disassemble. Also, make sure that the opening of water tank is wide and the handles are appropriate to carry the humidifier to the faucet.
3. Cost of the humidifier – Cost at which you purchase the humidifier is not the only thing that should be taken into account. Instead, the maintenance and the operating cost of the humidifier also need consideration.
Armed with this information, you are sure to purchase the right humidifier and use it in the best possible manner.
- Have Some Healthy Humidity
- Aprilaire 400M humidifier – Utilizing 100% water for comfortable living environment
- Air Filters For A Healthy Home
- All the Basics on Humidifiers
- Want a healthy ambiance? Ask the help of a cool air humidifier
Filed Under: Humidifiers